Photograph provided by Mike Boatman
Pixel IP is a law firm created and managed by Evan Andersen, focused on the legal needs of photographers and other creative individuals.
The ultimate goal of Pixel IP is to run out of work.
Stick with me -- it will make sense. If you have made it this far into my website, you certainly have a sense of the issues present today regarding the widespread misuse of creative content, both online and in the physical world. Between the current state of technology and the laws as written, copyright infringement and violations of rights are rampant. But just because these issues are so prevalent, just because "no copyright infringement is intended," and just because "it's the way we have always done it," doesn't mean that we cannot effect change.
Licensing. It is the goal of this firm to notify those that are doing it wrong, educate them how to do it right, and dissuade anybody from wanting to do it the wrong way in the future. And when the entire world contacts copyright owners, negotiates a valid license, and uses the works as the author intended, I will consider this firm a success. At that point, Pixel IP will run out of work.
Until that point, however, there is a lot of work to do. Photographers and other creative people don't want to spend their days chasing unauthorized end-users, and it is not their primary goal to make the change described above. They just want to live in that world where they can keep creating while also making a living. So it is up to me, this firm, and the few others practicing in this area to do what we can to get there.
How we get there
It sounds like a lofty goal, but there is a pathway to success. It involves:
- Copyright infringement claims -- We will vigorously defend your rights and work to recover damages when your work has been infringed. Depending on (and subject to) review of your claim, we may represent you on a contingency basis* or at a regular hourly rate.
- Legal Consultation -- I am available to assist with the legal issues that photographers and content creators face, including drafting or reviewing licenses and agreements or registration of your copyrighted works with the U.S. Copyright Office. These services will be billed at a regular hourly rate.
- Presentations -- I am available to present to content creators and end-users alike, and can adjust the presentations to focus on specific topics you believe would be most applicable or interesting. These presentations will generally be billed by the scope of the presentation requested.
- NOTICE: All new clients must complete an intake form and legal services agreement. All pricing is subject to change without notice. All cases are subject to evaluation. Evan Andersen Law, LLC, reserves the right to reject any case, claim or service request. All fees assume standard services.
- If you would like to discuss representation, consultation, or a presentation, please fill out the form located on this page, or send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please remember that this website is for educational purposes only, and does not constitute legal advice. Unless you have received a written confirmation that Evan Andersen Law, LLC, represents you for a particular matter, you are not a client.
*Contingent attorneys' fees refers only to those fees charged by attorneys for their legal services. Such fees are not permitted in all types of cases. Court costs and other additional expenses of legal action usually must be paid by the client.